Already applied??View Dashboard
Assistant Center Manager-Guangzhou Panyu
Guangzhou, China (Mainland)
As a Center Manager, you are responsible to develop the strategy of the Disney English Center (hiring, marketing, objective setting, etc) and oversee the day-to-day operations (leadership, acadeic delivery, Guest service, sales and maintenance) with full profit and loss responsibility. You are expected to provide a consistent, exceptional Disney guest experience; develop relationships with internal and external partners and the local community key stakeholders; and develop your team of more than 30 Cast Members while in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at Disney English?
- Good listener
- Skiller presenter
Job Summary:Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to ensure every Learning Partner to establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learners’ progress by means of the “Trainer-Parent Portal” and ongoing communications with parents.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to monitor the parent care program, check the parent care binder regularly, and monitor phone calls and conversations made by the Learning Partners.
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to deliver on-going coaching to Learning Partners on how to improve their capability of Parent Care – communication skills, conflict management and problem solving on special situations.
- Manage OS to conduct Parent Satisfaction Survey.
- Make sure Learning Partners to make renewal letters and photos given to parents in a timely manner
- Lead Learning Partner and Senior Learning Partner to deliver Parent-Trainer Conference for “on the fence” parents
- Lead Course Consultant to make following up calls to parents and provide guide to them in the renewal negotiation
- Lead Senior Learning Partner to schedule Make Up classes and Remedial Classes for their classes.
- Monitor Course Consultant and Learning Partner in handling parent concerns and coordinate with Academic and Center Managers to provide solutions
- Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Report any safety or security-related incidences in an accurate and timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Ensure a safe learning environment for all learners and guests in the Language Learning Center and classrooms.
- Together with all center cast members, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Adhere to Disney English operational standards, system compliance, and Disney English teaching methods
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth center operation
- 5 years experience of in a fast growing retail or service / guest experience business.
- Multi-functional management experience.
- Good at English Writing, reading and speaking.
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience.
- Have a high entrepreneurial spirit and creativity to grow and improve the business.
- High level personal integrity and credibility.
- A passion for working with children.
- Experience in managing similar educational service business is a plus.
- Strong operational management skills and business acumen.
- People leadership and strong sense of people motivation, coaching and training.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Culture awareness and diversity management.
- Customer service cover and relationship management skills.
- Execution capability to ensure the high standard and quality maintaining in the center.
- Need to understand sales, the importance of sales and what great sales looks like.
- Strong sense on customer relationship building and management
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Guangdong) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
Medical insurance provided.
Employee Assistance Program
24-hour confidential & professional assistance for employees and eligible dependents
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided.
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass