Already applied?View Dashboard
Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
DE Intern--GuangzhouApply Now Apply Later Job ID 495590BR Location Guangzhou, Guangdong, China Business Disney English Date posted Feb. 13, 2019
Job Summary:Disney is looking for highly motivated Chinese interns to support the academic staff at Disney English Language Learning Centers. Interns will work in a supportive role alongside English Language Trainers (Local Trainers) and Chinese bilingual Learning Partners to provide a highly engaging and effective premium language learning experience. Interns report directly to the Language Learning Director (LLD) or Operation Supervisor in the Disney English Learning Center and indirectly to the Center’s Trainers and Learning Partners as necessary.
- Be proficient in effectively delivering the Disney English interactive content including associated technology
- Follow prepared content and lesson plans using appropriate methodology and developmentally appropriate teaching practices to enhance each lesson.
- Assist in the preparation and management (e.g. organization, cleaning, and inventorying) of classroom teaching materials including teaching props, stationery supplies, learner activity sheets, etc.
- Monitoring children before and after their lessons begin and during class breaks and helping children to transition from the Center’s waiting area to their classroom and back.
- Using digital cameras, document cameras, video cameras, and voice recording devices to capture artifacts of student work during classroom activities.
- Data entry of student assessment results and other information and uploading images, video recordings, and voice recordings of children to the Center’s computer system.
- Assisting in the organization of staff outings and team building events.
- Helping to organize and facilitate special Center events such as holiday events, open houses, student performances, etc.
- Performing a wide range of administrative duties such as printing, photocopying, binding, ordering materials, couriering items between Centers and the Disney English head office, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Language Learning Director, Trainers, or Learning Partners
- Strong command of the English language
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of computer software
- Flexibility to work some evening hours and some Saturdays and Sundays
Additional Information:Full-time university student working for bachelor degree
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Guangdong) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.