Already applied?View Dashboard
Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
English Language Trainer – GuangzhouApply Now Apply Later Job ID 495471BR Location Guangzhou, Guangdong, China (Mainland) Business Disney English Date posted Jul. 18, 2019
Job Summary:DISNEY ENGLISH
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. Become one Disney English cast member could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Disney English Mission
Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice
Disney English Chinese Trainers instruct children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Trainers will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience.
- Be part of a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment.
- Comply with academic standards and successfully delivery Disney English Content to ensure learning results in line with company targets.
Responsibilities:Academic Delivery & Business Responsibilities
- Maintain high quality of academic delivery in his/her own classes ensuring consistently high standards
- Continuously assess and find ways to improve the performance of learners as they advance through his/her lessons.
- Assist with Foreign Trainer lead classes
- Through the delivery of guest service excellence and measurable academic results, and support of the sales process, ensure that Center performance goals are met through new learner enrollment and existing learner renewals
- Understand the center business objectives
- Become proficient in delivering the Disney English interactive content and comprehensive classroom delivery of Disney English curriculum
- Leverage existing content and prepare lesson plans consistent with Disney English Language Learning, with the ability to use developmentally appropriate teaching practices to enhance each lesson
- Use a variety of multimedia including Interactive White Board and interactive content/educational software, audio recording systems, and manipulate various computer systems
- Work with local learning partners to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled
- Prepare, prior to the start of each class, and be able to effectively use lessons, realia, print materials, technology and supplemental materials
- Prepare and lead Clubhouse Activities before classes with educational value
- Deliver a variety of English Language Learning events as scheduled by the LLD, including but not limited to Demos, Referral Events, Center Events, Make Up Classes, Parent Seminars and New Parent Orientation Meetings
- Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and keep close oversight on all learner records
- Substitute when needed for absent trainers.
- Accurately place learners in the Disney English program by delivering Placement Assessments
Safety and Security
- Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Report any safety or security-related incidences in an accurate and timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Provide a safe, healthy and happy learning environment for all guests in the Language Learning Center and classrooms.
- Together with all center cast members, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Adhere to Disney English operational standards, system compliance, and DE teaching methods
- Follow the Master Schedule for working hours and teaching hours
- Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
- Participate in Marketing and out-of-center events as needed
- Interact with both parents and young language learners in a way tat makes language learning fun, engaging and educational
- With local Learning Partners, establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learner’s progress by means of the Trainer/Parent Portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls and Parent-Trainer Conferences and Unit Report Cards
- Responsible, with the Learning Partner, to regularly update parent/trainer connection website with information on learner’s weekly attendance, progress, assessment results, photos and audio recordings
- Work with the LLD and Center Manager (CM) in the Center to maintain renewal/learner retention rates
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations Teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth center operation
- Regularly attend and participate in academic staff meetings and take part in professional development sessions.
- Provide coverage for classes in times of trainer sickness or absence
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Guangdong) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later