Learning Partner – Guangzhou
Guangzhou, China (Mainland)
As a Learning Partner at Disney English, you will support Foreign Trainers in instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Learning Partners use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging beloved Disney characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials to provide a highly engaging and effective, premium experience.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at Disney English?
- Team player
- Relationship expertise
- Good listener
Job Summary:DISNEY ENGLISH
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. Become one Disney English cast member could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Disney English Mission
Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice
Disney English Learning Partners support Foreign Trainers in instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Partners will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience
- Be part of a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment
- Comply with academic standards and successfully deliver Disney English Content to ensure learning results in line with company targets
- Become proficient in effectively delivering the Disney English interactive
- Prepare, prior to the start of each class, and be able to effectively use lessons, realia, print materials and supplemental materials
- Deliver up to 25 hours per week of ongoing, regularly scheduled classes
- Continuously assess and find ways to improve the performance of learners as they advance through his/her lessons
- Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and maintain learner records
- Lead remedial classes for low scoring learners and customize the lesson in order to support their learning needs
- Maintain high quality of academic delivery in his/her own classes ensuring consistently high standards
- With Foreign Trainer, participate in accurate placement of learners in the Disney English program by delivering Placement Assessments
- Check each learner’s homework during class time each week and make corrections as needed.
- Provide coverage for classes in times of trainer sickness or absence
- Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues
- Provide excellent classroom management, in terms of child care and dealing with emergencies and/or unforeseen circumstances that require immediate attention
Learning Partners are responsible for the Parent Care Program and play a critical role in the engagement with our parents to improve their child’s experience, learning progress and overall satisfaction
- Establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learner’s progress by means of the Trainer/Parent Portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls, Parent-Trainer Conferences and Unit Report Cards
- Place phone calls to parents or face-to-face communication a minimum of twice per term for each learner in order to update parents on their child’s learning progress, communicate center information and updates, answer parents questions and handle concerns
- Keep diligent records of all parent communication in the Parent Care binder, including learner’s attendance, soft skill development, and general progress notes to discuss with parents
- Responsible for regularly updating parent/trainer connection website with information on learner’s weekly attendance, progress, assessment results, photos and audio recordings
- Schedule all Parent-Trainer Conferences, Make Up Classes and Remedial Classes. Provide both oral and written translation as needed during class and throughout the center
- Through the delivery of guest service excellence and measurable academic results, and support of the sales process, ensure that Center performance goals are met through new learner enrollment and existing learner renewalsSafety and Security
- Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Report any safety or security-related incidences in an accurate and timely manner through the appropriate channels
Service and Operational Standards
- Together with all center cast members, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Adhere to Disney English operational standards, system compliance, and DE teaching methods
- Follow the Master Schedule for working hours and teaching hours
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations Teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth center operation
- Provide basic child care services to individual children or to groups of up to 8 two-year-olds, 12 three-year-olds, or 15 four to twelve-year-olds
Basic Qualifications:Job Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree required; majored in education preferred
- Have at least 1 year experience working with children or 1 year relevant service industry or have successfully completed relevant internship
- Upper-intermediate level of English and Standard Chinese language speaking and translation ability
- Creativity and excitement to bring a unique personality to the Disney English classroom including talents in music, art, and performing arts
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, squat and bend. Frequent lifting of 0.4 to 1.9 K.G. and occasional lifting of up to 15-19 K.G. is required
- Has passion to connect with children and their families
- Relate to and engage young learners in an English Language environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, flexible to change and able to manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to delivering high quality customer service
- Work well independently and in a team
- Build strong relationships internally with colleagues and externally with parents and guardians
- Have high personal integrity and credibility
- Professionalism in oral and written communications
- Resourceful, with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team of both foreign and local cast members
- Strong understanding of service and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software systems, including Notebook
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Guangdong) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.
Medical insurance provided.
Employee Assistance Program
24-hour confidential & professional assistance for employees and eligible dependents
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided.
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass