Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior GeneralistApply Now Apply Later Job ID o5RQ9fwF Location Guangzhou, Guangdong, China (Mainland) Date posted Apr. 11, 2019
Position Summary Senior 3D Generalists will also demonstrate the ability to break down complex VFX shot work into achievable workflows using a variety of off-the-shelf plug-ins and scripts. As such, a strong technical background with the ability to modify and/or create scripts to develop workflows is key to their success.
Successful candidates can model, texture, shade, light, look development and composite CG images or shots, however candidates will be considered if they demonstrate themselves to be exceptional in only one area, as long as they have some experience in all others and are willing to learn.
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of entry level CG images or shots
- Lead creation of outstanding artwork within a shot, using various software programs
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- May train, mentor or supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level generalist artists at the discretion of the Department Supervisor
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Source suitable reference materials for required assets
- Attend dailies and participate in creative problem solving
Education / Experience
- Degree or 5-8 years relevant experience (professional OR amateur) in one or more of the following fields: Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography
Required Skills / Competencies
- High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing
- OR Proven artistic ability in a non-CG field (impressive portfolio of figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.)
- Fluent in Photoshop
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar Fluent in Vray or MRay or similar ray trace renderer
- Comparable software experience considered
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC.