Software Engineer - Content Experience Delivery
Guangzhou, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID ogumffw5 Location Guangzhou, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
The Content Experience Delivery Services team builds the APIs that deliver the content discovery experience for Disney Streaming's clients. We implement reliable, high-traffic services that power user experiences, across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical services that support all our users! Our team is fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun, and looking forward to finding out more about you!
What You’ll Do
You'll be part of a hardworking group of engineers crafting systems that orchestrate and deliver data at scale - ultimately powering clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
We're passionate about highly available services - just like you! You'll apply your experience with various technologies to construct distributed, large-scale services.
What To Bring
- 2+ years experience developing backend services
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in JVM and other object-oriented languages.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A broad perspective on problem solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Disney Streaming.
- Experience crafting large-scale, high-performance, highly available services utilizing various database and messaging technologies.
- Experience building RESTful services.
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await).
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
Nice To Have
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience with New Relic or similar application monitoring software
- Exposure to build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.