Architect - CTO's officeApply NowApply Later Job ID a54e436e-b83c-4b9e-a564-4ad286881c22 Location Gurgaon, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
- You will serve as a technical architect across all teams at Disney+ Hotstar
- You will ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- You will functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- You will develop technical roadmaps, outlining future directions and planned technological advancements
- You will analyze and improve data quality and metrics
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- You will leverage internal and industry knowledge to make informed design decisions
- You will exert technical influence over 50+ team members, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience. Mentor on advanced technical matters for career growth
Skills & Attributes for success:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience building large scalable systems
- Solid background with hands-on experience as a Principal-level software development engineer
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Proficiency in data stores (SQL, NoSQL) and ability to choose the right technology based on requirements
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to provide technical guidance across backend, frontend, and ML technologies
- Thrive in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment, achieving stretch goals
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
- Extensive experience in mentoring junior engineers to success
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
Preferred Education & Experience
- B.Tech /B.E/ Masters or equivalent degree from a reputed college. A minimum of 10 years of professional experience as a backend/full stack developer with hands-on experience in building highly scalable and performant distributed systems
- Any experience in ML, data science, or search in B2C(e-commerce, OTT) is a plus
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.