Engineering Manager- Application Security (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 01aa2784-8673-411b-a468-4d4f912594d1 Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 22, 2022
About the Team
- The security engineering team believes security should be the default when creating new products at Hotstar. Our mission is to create the APIs and frameworks engineers use to abstract away things like data encryption, authentication, abuse detection, and more. We believe security is inherently a software engineering challenge, and that it should be both an enabler and accelerator for engineers. You will lead a team of software engineers solving issues across security and privacy. You will help the team define the "user experience" of security for engineers at Hotstar. You will join a team focused on data privacy and abuse, and create a larger vision of how to build the most important security abstractions for Hotstar's long-term success.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The application/Product security team focuses on Application Security and builds tools to help identify and prevent vulnerabilities in Hotstar code. The team hunts down vulnerabilities that are currently present using a combination of penetration testing and design review. Security Engineering is the primary contact for analyzing the security of a given system.
- The vulnerability management team helps identify and understand vulnerabilities in Hotstar's environment in order to make informed security risk decisions and proactively minimize our attack surface.
- Establish security goals across other departments
- Penetration tests conducted by internal engineers and third-party security firms
- Providing security training and promoting a culture of security across the engineering and product team
- Work on unifying security vulnerability management at Hotstar
- Work with all departments to help them track and understand the risk of vulnerabilities, as well as providing reporting and awareness on vulnerabilities past SLA
- Work on methodologies to unify risk across all vulnerabilities, and have consistency in reporting/tracking
- Analyze gaps that could be remediated at scale (scanning/coverage gaps, finding patterns when too many issues of a certain type occur, etc.)
- Helps to achieve Security compliance
What to Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field 7+ years of experience as an Individual contribution and 3+ years of experience people management
- Relevant engineering work experience and hands-on technical management experience
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Coding ability and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.