Engineering Manager- Engineering Productivity [Infra & Ecosystems] (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 42cadfa0-62b0-4803-be2b-dc3794e52560 Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be a role model for the team of smart and self-motivated engineers
- Promote new ideas and innovation to solve complex engineering problems understand and evaluate best practices and tools for better productivity
- Work with high professionals ethics to be a symbol of integrity for the team in the organization provide high growth opportunities and a learning path for team members
- You are a problem solver with a huge bias for data-driven decision making you like some of the problems we are solving Next Gen CI/CD: Preventative systems, Auto roll-back, auto roll forward deployment platform for Ephemeral environments
- Zero human touch points from Commit to ReleaseAutomated dependency analysis and management
- Automated Risk identification feeding into preventative systems building Reliability & Chaos Engineering solutions building in-house performance labs for mobile, living room, and backend services. You are an unbiased data-driven decision-maker, believing in applying creative technical solutions towards making systems more efficient and effective. You want to measure what matters
- You design, develop, and roll out tools that make an engineer’s life easier and bring delight to their endeavors — be it command-line tools, user interfaces, microservices, web services, code analyzers, test data factories, performance engineering, and
- You have an unwavering passion for, and focus on, polished products, engineering excellence, and productivity
- You love to design, implement, and improve tools, frameworks, metrics, and processes along with a team
- You love to collaborate and lead multiple projects
What to Bring
- 9 to 12 years of total experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams of software engineers at various levels
- Experience in developing solutions for development and testing of front end applications, API, performance engineering
- Very good in CI-CD tools like Jenkins, GoCD, Kubernetes, EC2, and TerraformExpertise in system infrastructure & DevOps systems for cloud-native applicationsHands on programming expertise in major programming languages Hands-on experience in major DBs, Caches and Queuing systems deep hands-on experience in Linux/Unix commands is a plus
- Well-versed in analyzing server logs and metricsUnderstand functional and non-functional aspects of the system
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills. Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast-moving startup environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals Strong desire to work in a hyper-growth company
- Practical experience or knowledge of typical OTT platform tech stackPractical experience of developing products or solutions for on-demand environments, performance labs, reliability engineering among others.
- You will enjoy limitless learning in the Engineering Productivity team working across the entire tech stack of Hotstar
- Client : Android - Java iOS Chromecast React NodeJS AmazonFireTV AppleTV
- Backend: DynamoDB MySQL ElasticSearch Redis Aerospike Hystrix Kafka Spark Flink Consul Hystrix Druid
- Infrastructure: AWS Kubernetes Docker Prometheus influx DB Airflow
- Languages: Java Swift Node JS Python GO
- Bias for Action
- Radical Candour
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon.
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.