Principal Engineering Manager - Monetisation (Subscriptions/Payments) (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 8e094bea-942e-4a2f-965f-da140ee5fcbe Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 19, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- Vision: Partner with Product and Business teams to lead innovation and set the roadmap for the short and long term charter for Hotstar’s Subscription and Payments.
- Tech: Work closely with the architects and senior engineers to build the best and cost efficient Monetisation ecosystem that wows our business partners (internal and external) as much as it compels the end user of our platform to remain a paid user.
- Execution:Lead the overall software development lifecycle. Own the execution of the Subscription and Payment charter against project plans and delivery commitments.
- People:Plan and grow the Subscription and Payments engineering charter, mentor, and build a best-of-class engineering team.
What to Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.Exposure to Finance Technology or Subscription/Growth engineering is a big plus.
- 12+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- Proficient with either Java or GoLang
- 7+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reactive programming
- At least 5 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, KafkaExperience with AWS stack.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.