Director of Product- Direct MonetizationApply NowApply Later Job ID 81c43b1f-d8b1-4396-a9e5-08337de9b42d Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jun. 30, 2022
Product Strategy & Vision
- Lead Subscription: Will lead the D2C Acquisition charter from the front. Will own and be responsible for driving short- and long-term initiatives to supercharge the already well-oiled machinery around Subscription.
- Product Innovation:
- Drive tech initiatives in Subscriptions and PaymentsDrive higher multiples of Subscriptions and improve Renewals manifold
- Improve Payment Success Rates and usher in new payment methods and payment integrations
- Lead the charter for Propositions, Discovery, & Fraud Control to attract, onboard, and retain users
- Customer Obsession and User Experience: Never loses sight of the customer, their watching experience and their watch time while driving the D2C Acquisition goals.
- Be consumer obsessed: Understand consumer trends, behaviours to improve/ pivot our product strategy and offerings; not follow but create new trends to deliver differentiated experiences.
- Own the payments and subscription management services products.
- Drive scalability and reliability improvements to an international payments system that is processing hundreds of millions a year and growing fast.
- Experiment and implement optimisations to both recurring billing patterns and consumer facing payments.
- Understand and enhance complete Payment value chain by reducing friction and adding digital features to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Recognize and adopt best practices for building a scalable fraud intelligence platform in the payment and subscription lifecycle.
- Analyze data to identify fraud trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and reduce time to identify new fraud techniques, tactics, and procedures.
- Partner with Product Strategy and Go-to-Market teams to define and execute product launch plans, including product packaging and pricing.
- Work with the data engineering team to collect the right data signals & organize it in an efficient way.
- Work with the machine learning team based out of our Beijing office to build the right recommendation systems that help us maximize revenue and constantly iterate.
- Ensure world class and modern technology, architecture, governance, and operations
- Driving the ‘working backwards’ approach to build innovative, customer focused end-to-end product solutions
- Incorporate the existing development backlog and make priorities as determined by the business, consumer, and market needs.
Team management & people leadership
- Lead and facilitate the Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers in their definition of product requirements.
- Participate in the team definition, hiring, retention and growth, and evangelize and inspire the team to execute and deliver high quality products with speed
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and product management best practices to a dynamic team of Product Managers
- Collaborate with sales, technology, content, marketing, and other key teams to evangelize and influence product roadmap
Product culture and capabilities
- Advocate product initiatives through the entire lifecycle from idea and planning to development, testing, and launch
- Strengthen the product culture within the team. This will entail engendering a sense of purpose, driving ‘how’ and ‘why’ things are done in a particular way, and owning and ‘running with’ the product values to continuously improve products
- Think ahead of the end state vision and reverse engineer
- Bring in culture of execution and communication excellence (translating into impeccable documentation, change management, communication symmetry and stakeholder engagement/ alignment
- Build market leadership and world class team known in market for product management capabilities
What to bring
- 10+ years of experience including 2 to 3 years of experience in product leadership roles in consumer tech space
- Prior experience of working with, optimizing, and improving payment products
- Prior experience in developing compelling products with a strong focus on users, and the ability to lead the design and definition of digital / mobile products, services, and features from a strategic, business-driven and a hands-on perspective
- Exposure to breadth of technical experience developing or managing Embedded Systems, Platforms/APIs, User Interfaces, and lightweight software architecture. He/she will possess the technical aptitude to work with a world class engineering team, and the business sense to leverage it to drive product goals and strategies.
- Excellent strategic thinking and results orientation
- Ability to navigate, influence and collaborate across the organization with excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment with limited direction, balance competing priorities, and manage several time-sensitive projects at once.
- Exposure to P&L and other diverse experiences will be an added advantage
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.