Senior Software Development Engineer, Cloud Engineer - Core (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID c7e3f87d-c21d-4d6f-9879-47fc075a9a0e Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for evaluating and setting the standards for infrastructure code and management across the organization.
- You will create high-quality, reusable, and extensible infrastructure modules that will be used across the organization you will evaluate and build/adopt platform technologies that solve organizational problems that will result in infra reliability, code correctness, and developer productivity.
- You will be responsible for managing and planning for capacity and scale for the whole organization including at the AWS and Compute levels.
- You will interact with, guide, and solve problems for functional infrastructure teams to bring them to compliance with organizational standards.
- You will enforce organizational changes by being a champion for quality and consistency. You will work with various stakeholders to align the organization
- .You will contribute to managing and evolving the standards at the organizational level through inputs, code, and design.
What to Bring
- Expertise with AWS and all major services, specifically with managing multiple accounts and geographies.
- Expertise with scripting/programming using a high-level language - Preferably Python.
- Expertise with Kubernetes and related container technologies, such as Docker.
- Expertise with Terraform including managing it at the scale of an organization with multiple teams.
- Experience with Networking and Linux - including protocols, packet captures, file systems, Linux networking, etc.
- Exposure to development ecosystem - Microservices, REST APIs, API Gateways, and related technologies.
- Experience in writing good documentation - with an emphasis on clarity and concision.
What is the ideal growth path for this Role
- The candidate will grow to the level of an SSD/Architect in the career ladder of the engineering team at Hotstar.
- The scope then encompasses evaluating new paradigms for managing infrastructure and evolving the infrastructure to be more efficient, performant, and cost-effective.
Ideal Education & Experience
- B.Tech/B.E/ Masters. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 5-9 years of experience in managing large-scale infrastructure with strong expertise in Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS.
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.