Senior Software Development Engineer- Release Engineering (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID b3cb64b8-7024-406d-80d9-a6df7a338781 Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare, evaluate and maintain tools supporting and process automation for software product release.
- Ensure to compile and assemble software through source code and store tools in source control.
- Correct build errors working with development engineers.
- Respond constantly and aggressively to automated test and build issues
- Develop library and tools for automating manual workflows in the development process.
- Develop dashboards to quantify internal processes efficiency continuously.
- Implement best practices and quality checks for process automation of releases
- Interact with teams across the organisation to streamline processes and automate them.
- Implement best practices and subsequent automated checks to validate success of a release once in production or App stores
What to Bring
- Having 7+ years of experience in test automation, release tools, service deployments.
- Experience in working or testing with distributed and big data solutions and mid tier caches, such as Aeropsike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka
- Well versed in build release and deployment flow in iOS, Android or backend services
- Experience in post release/post deployment monitoring of software products using tools like Firebase, Crashlytics, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana etc
- Should have worked on developing automation tools or frameworks to test Big Data, Rest APIs, microservices, data migration, failover mechanism, blue green setups
- Experience in building pipelines for continuous integration/ continuous deployment on popular cloud environments such as Kubernetes, Docker and AWS.
- Experience in working with CI/CD servers like GoCD or Jenkins
- Understanding of Canary releases or Dark launches on AWS or GCP
- Good to have: Experience in performance, load and stress testing of frontend and backend systems using MAT, Apple Instruments, Jmeter, Gatling, flood etc.
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.