Senior Software Development Engineer - Test (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 35f140bb-b442-4354-bf47-1e6f457ccc7f Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- Should have worked more on developing backend tools or frameworks to test Rest APIs, microservices, data migration, failover scenarios, blue green deployment
- Knowledge on the DevOps activites
- Good understanding of the REST APIs, request-response structures, error and status codes
- Good Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Ability to build distributed system for performance and scale testing
- Experience in working or testing with distributed and big data solutions and mid tier caches, such as Aeropsike, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud providers
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Hands on with linux commands and shell scripts
- Good knowledge on building and publishing POCs
- Advanced coding skills
- Excellent problem solver
What to Bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 6+ years of experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes and Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing and with automated testing tools
- Experience with Java/Python and/or any scripting languages
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts, REST APIs and its usage
- Well versed in build release and deployment flow especially in iOS & Android
- Experience with performance and/or security testing will be a plus
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.