Software Development Engineer, Cloud Engineer - Embedded DevOps (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID c22fc3bf-591b-43f1-aaff-20379daf352f Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will work closely with one of more application teams as part of a squad that delivers robust and traceable infrastructure and deployments.
- You will build robust and high-quality infrastructure using IaC tools such as Terraform, that power individual application teams.
- You will be responsible for converging functional teams to organizational standards to ensure hygiene, scale, and security compliance.
- You will be responsible for uptime, disaster recovery, and performance of applications at the infrastructure level including at the container and OS layers.
- You will contribute to managing and evolving the standards at the organizational level through inputs, code, and design.
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
What to Bring
- Expertise with AWS and all major services, specifically with managing multiple accounts and geographies.
- Expertise with scripting/programming using a high-level language - Preferably Python.
- Expertise with Kubernetes and related container technologies, such as Docker.
- Expertise with Terraform including managing it at the scale of an organization with multiple teams.
- Experience with Networking and Linux - including protocols, packet captures, file systems, Linux networking, etc.
- Exposure to development ecosystem - Microservices, REST APIs, API Gateways, and related technologies.
- Experience in writing good documentation - with an emphasis on clarity and concision.
What is the ideal growth path for this Role
- The candidate will grow as an SSDE on the career ladder of the engineering team at Hotstar.
- The scope then encompasses evaluating new paradigms for managing infrastructure, setting standards for the whole organization, and evolving the infrastructure to be more efficient, performant, and cost-effective.
Ideal Education & Experience
- B.Tech/B.E/ Masters. in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline with 2-4 years of experience in managing large-scale infrastructure with strong expertise in Terraform.
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.