Software Development Engineer II - Data Platform | Remote, Disney+ HotstarApply Now Apply Later Job ID f2286bfa-d146-4c60-b172-f9b7a895ece7 Location Gurgaon, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Feb. 22, 2024
- You will combine your knowledge of Data Platform technologies with your product sense to solve high scale, high impact and Data relevant use-cases for other product and engineering teams at Hotstar.
- You will work closely with Software Engineers & ML engineers to build Data platform abstractions that fuel the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- You will optimize data-delivery and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data required for a wide variety of use-cases using SQL/Spark.
- You will build stream processing pipelines and tools to support a vast variety of analytics and audit use-cases.
- You will work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with peers during the entire software development life cycle with a strong focus on continuous delivery
- Ability to support hyper growth systems across multiple geographies and regions
Skills & Attributes for success
- Strong programming skills in 1 or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, Go, Python
- Hands-on experience with AWS (or similar Cloud) stack: S3, EMR, RDS etc.
- Good understanding and experience in working with high scale Data lakehouse systems.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data technologies like Apache Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Airflow, Kafka and Kafka connects.
- Good understanding of Database and Data storage fundamentals
- Good understanding of at least one columnar Data storage format like Parquet
- Experience with building Data products
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Preferred Education & Experience
- B.Tech/B.E/Masters/PhD in Computer Science from a reputed college or related technical discipline
- 2-4 years of experience in software development, preferably in Data related teams
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.