Software Development Engineer II - Engineering Productivity (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 564b0ddf-72ea-48bf-a49c-8895e0f76bf3 Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
About the Team
- The software development engineer testing team comprises highly skilled, passionate professionals that work closely with engineering and product teams to build high-quality, ship-ready solutions and products that delight our users. The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- We are looking for energetic, creative, and high-performing software engineers to join the Engineering Productivity organization at Disney + Hotstar. Key Responsibilities as a SE are to solve a broad range of Developer Experience problems. You will be working on creating innovative solutions to help improve engineering velocity and product excellence.
- You will love this role if You love new challenges, high growth opportunities, and your learning path you are a problem solver with a huge bias for data-driven decision making.
- You like some of the problems we are solving Test as a service platform for Ephemeral environments human-less commit to releasing Automated dependency analysis and management automated Risk identification and correction systems building Reliability and Performance Engineering solutions You are a data-driven decision-maker and believe in applying creative technical solutions towards making systems more efficient and effective. You want to measure what matters you love developing and exploring tools that make an engineer’s life easier and bring delight to their endeavors — be it command-line tools, user interfaces, microservices, web services, code analyzers, test data factories, performance engineering, and similar.
- You have an unwavering passion for, and focus on, polished products, engineering excellence, and productivity you love to design, implement and improve tools, frameworks, metrics, and processes you love to work, collaborate and lead cross-functionally
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have: 3 to 4 years of total experience in software development Good grasp of DevOps engineering principlesExpertise in at least one programming or scripting language - Java, JS, Python, GoStrong computer science fundamentals Very good analytical skills to analyze server logs and metric excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical, problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skillsStrong desire to work in a hyper-growth company
- Desirable: Hands-on experience in major DBs, Caches and Queuing systems very good in CI-CD tools like Jenkins, GoCD, Kubernetes, EC2, and TerraformExperience in developing solutions for development or testing of front end applications, API, performance engineering hands-on experience in Linux/Unix commands is a plus
- Technology Stack: You will enjoy limitless learning in the Engineering Productivity team working across the entire tech stack of Hotstar
- Client : Android - JavaiOS Chromecast React NodeJS AmazonFireTV AppleTV
- Backend: DynamoDB MySQL ElasticSearch Redis Aerospike Hystrix Kafka Spark Flink Consul Hystrix Druid
- Infrastructure: AWS Kubernetes Docker Prometheus influx DB Airflow
- Languages: Java Swift Node JS Python GO
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.