System Architect - IT Engineering (Remote Working)Apply NowApply Later Job ID a9906c24-1170-4934-ad31-250ea515d908 Location Gurgaon, India / Bengaluru, India / Mumbai, India / Hyderabad, India / Fort Cochin, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Jun. 10, 2022
What is the scope & responsibility of the Role?
- Design, Deploy and Support Hotstar’sIT Infrastructure and Operations including managing Corp and Hub offices.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Liaison with Networking, Compliance and IT-Support teams in ensuring the Infra is highly available, supported and in line with the organization requirements.
- Own technical projects and initiatives that are related to Corp office, across Hub offices
- Responsible for setting up and running industry best End User Computing solutions
- Define baselines and standards for Corp OS fleet, Systems and Configuration Management.
- Write and enhance Corp IT policies in collaboration with other departments and under the supervision of the IT Manager.
- Responsible for deploying and supporting Enterprise Collaboration + Conference + Content Management platforms
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
What is the ideal growth path for this Role?
- The candidate will grow as a Senior Principal Engineer in the career ladder of the Engineering team where the scope will increase to managing a module while being responsible for building both HLD & LLD
Skills/Strength of an Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with scripting and automation skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Familiar with Application Program Interface (API)Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and a good understanding of OS platforms like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Deep knowledge in running/managing DNS, DHCP, and standard TCP/IP Services and Applications in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Proven ability to identify research and resolve systems problems in a timely manner.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language good project management skillsGood understanding of Identity and Access Management and SSO ( Eg Azure AD, Okta)Good understanding of MDM solutions like Intune, Airwatch, or Jamf.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience, must be able to evaluate technologies, develop strategies and deliver presentations to IT management.
- Self-motivated, proactive, a team player, well-spoken
- Self-starter: able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- 8-10 years of total experience and 6-8 years of relevant experience with the above skill-set
Good to Have Skills
- Cloud Platforms knowledge: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP and Google Suite/Office 365Experience with virtualization and containerizationKnowledge of network topologies & WiFiExperience in Configuring & managing Network Switches, Routers Firewalls, Remote access & Site-to-Site VPN
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.