Analyst, Business Development & StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 768351BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 29, 2020
You will assist and support the Disney+ Business Development & Strategy team with the development and delivery of EMEA-wide content strategies and initiatives.
You will be required to have superior strategic and analytical skills – and the ability to apply these effectively as part of the BD team. You must possess the ability to interface with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior corporate executives to local managers in the field, and executives at potential strategic partner companies.
The Disney+ Business Development & Strategy team is responsible for strategic initiatives, identifying growth opportunities, new product launches, joint ventures and M&A, as well as supporting the optimization of business performance in EMEA. Content Planning & Analysis sits within the BD & Strategy function and collaborates closely with the Global CP&A team, Business Affairs, Content, and Finance executives to implement strategic rigor around content investment decision making. Working closely with EMEA business leads, the shared function provides invaluable support and direction in driving long term growth and delivering global strategic goals. The department works in close collaboration with the Global BD & Strategy team which is based in Burbank.
Responsibilities:Strategy & Planning
- Analysis of key market trends and competitors to provide insights for senior management to ensure effective decision making
- Support preparation of the annual strategic business review and 5 year plan
- Tracking and analysing key business performance trends to identify potential risks and opportunities for improvement
- Support organisational transformation initiatives
Content Planning & Analysis
- Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing etc.) to support our Business Affairs and Creative Executives in their negotiations and decision-making process
- Leveraging market research to inform analyses while tracking and compiling original content comparables for future content investments
- Conducting and interpreting analyses of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of Disney+ managers and executives to influence decision-making
- Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement on past content investment decisions
- Supporting strategic and financial analysis of growth opportunities
- Working with BD team to engage with regional LOB leads and local Country Managers to build business cases for new opportunities, identifying associated revenue streams, costs and risks
- Support the analytical review of business plans prepared by local Country Managers to check viability and alignment to overall company goals
- Production of well-thought through internal briefing documents for each project
- Strong academic record – top level degree from a leading institution
- Experience in Top Tier firm in Management/Strategy Consultancy or Investment Banking, Corporate Finance or as qualified ACA finance professional (experience in Media/Content is a plus)
- Alternatively, experience working in Content Planning/Finance for a major media organisation, either in or with the central BD/Strategy team
- Demonstrable track record of delivery and ability to support and execute projects to an extremely high standard and to demanding deadlines
- Strong analytics – ability to think in structured way (both conceptually and analytically) and to perform quantitative analysis
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to be able to produce accurate reports and to engage with group employees of different countries and of all levels
- Attuned to working effectively with financial and operational staff in business units and joint ventures around the world
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, and ideally some experience with Big Data analytical tools, e.g. Tableau or similar
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.