Assistant Product Development Manager, Consumer ProductsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 726092BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
We are looking for an Assistant Product Development Manager to work in conjunction with the Senior Product Development Manager, to lead and execute the product development, design and approval process for Disney licensed product.
This is a maternity cover contract
- Develop and manage the creative output from licensees ensuring product innovation, brand consistency and compelling execution within a commercial context
- Ensure all licensee product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval system (OPA) as per global product integrity guidelines
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner
- Ensure licensees are provided appropriate creative assets for product development, developing new assets as required against the specific needs of the category
- Offer creative input and trend direction to inspire licensees/retailers and help drive quality product
- Inspire licensees through competitor trend research, market and social trends
- Manage successful working relationships with internal stakeholders, licensees and other external partners
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage on consumer products
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems
- Maintain advanced level of market knowledge for products that fall within your sub-category.
- Comply with corporate policies and legislation
- Degree level education in product design or equivalent work experience
- Previous product development and design experience, essential
- Experience within consumer products commercialisation
- Proven experience of developing the performance of a team or individual
- Proven experience of building effective relationships
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production
- Some packaging experience, desirable
- A high level of understanding, attention to detail and market knowledge for products that fall within relevant categories
- Good knowledge of trends within the fashion industry and the broader world of fashion design with an ability to interpret trends into commercial designs (fashion roles only)
- Understanding of production techniques and graphic applications with an eye for colour and shape
- Ability to communicate a clear design brief and ensure deliverable meets all criteria
- Ability to communicate design ideas using freehand drawing, computer techniques and/or third party design resources
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills with the ability to deliver against set deadlines
- Ability to effectively present design ideas to internal stakeholders as required
- Good knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Excellent command of the English language, essential, with other European languages, an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
This is a Maternity Cover fixed term contract and will be full time, office based in Disney's Hammersmith creative team for Consumer Products.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.