Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Internships 2020/21: ESPN ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715163BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
During an internship at ESPN, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
About The Internship
As an ESPN Research Intern, you will assist in identifying and analysing trends, behaviour and attitudes of consumers in the Sports Entertainment industry. You will utilise industry recognised digital measurement tools to analyse ESPN audiences and their behaviour on our platforms. You will also be involved in conducting desk research to analyse our key competitors to provide further context to ESPN’s online performance and strategy and coordinating and assisting in the production of regular reports to be delivered throughout the company. This internship will strengthen your reporting and analytical skills while gaining an insight into the behaviours of sports fans.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2021
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for
- Strong MS Office skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products and shows
How To Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen ESPN?
- What do you possess that would encourage ESPN to choose you for the internship?
The application deadline is Sunday 29 December 2019 however we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Limited, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.