Manager, Corporate CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729401BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 12, 2019
The Manager will serve as the lead speech writer for the Corporate team. They will also work on corporate media relations, speaking engagements, crisis and issues management as well as serving as the Communications partner to Corporate functions including Finance, Legal/Antipiracy; Global Government Affairs, Finance & Tax, Corporate Social Responsibility as well as HR.
- Writing: This individual must be an extremely strong writer and will be expected to draft speeches, messaging and talking points, crisis and issues management plans, internal communications, website copy and presentations for executives across the business. Working with the VP and Director to develop key themes and messages, this individual will support the EMEA President (and depending on workload segment business leads) on drafting speeches/presentations/emails etc. This is a unique role within the organization you must have experience of speech writing for senior executives.
- Speakers Bureau: The individual will also support the speaker’s bureau across the business. They will work with the segment communications teams to evaluate speaking opportunities for executives across the business, develop key messaging, draft speeches, deliver exceptional visual supporting materials expected of Disney. The individual must be able to manage all of the detailed scheduling, transportation and Audio/Visual planning needs. They will be the primary liaison with the third parties organizing the events.
- Corporate Support: The Manager will help develop and write-up key messages and talking points that can be used internally and externally as the communications partner to corporate functions including Legal/Antipiracy; Global Government Affairs, Finance & Tax, Corporate Social Responsibility as well as HR. They will have ownership of TWDC EMEA / UK Fact Sheets, Boilerplates and other shared communications assets such as executive biographies and corporate photography.
- Media Engagement: The role will work on delivering proactive and reactive Corporate media engagement in the UK, our largest market in EMEA to manage Disney’s reputation in the media, online and with our stakeholder community. They must have experience interacting with business and trade press.
- Events: They will help plan, organize and deliver Corporate events ranging from Corporate Media Screenings & Breakfasts to collaborating with the publicity teams on product led events as well as the Internal Comms team on executive visits. They will assist in planning & managing EMEA’s participation in D23.
- Measurement: The individual will work across the business to help develop common corporate communications metrics for measuring the success of EMEA media relations. They will support the Director on keeping apprised of the best technologies and solutions that we can deploy across the Comms/publicity organization as well as manage the relationships with the vendors across all Comms teams.
- Other: They will manage the annual Corporate Communications budget; oversee Intern recruitment as well as edit and compile the weekly DTCI report for the EMEA President to be sent to DTCI Chairman.
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing required
- Proven experience within a large enterprise or agency
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels, including senior executives
- Ability to set clear goals and manage multiple assignments
- An understanding of deadlines and project management is essential.
- Proven ability to self-direct and drive projects from start to finish
- Strong experience creating and delivering (or managing the creation/delivery of) high quality presentations
- Must be able to operate across different markets and LOBs
- Must be diplomatic, professional and able to handle confidential information
- Able to act as an ambassador for the department with key internal stakeholders
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.