Manager, Public Affairs, B2B, Internal CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729399BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 23, 2019
The Manager will drive the business-to-business communications strategy and execution, working with the senior leadership team to craft messaging, work trade press and business stories, develop presentations, write scripts, and manage campaigns that proactively position the business. The Manager will collaborate with the Franchise teams to support on messaging and strategy for B2B events.
On the internal communications side, the role will build relationships with global DPEP internal communications team to leverage their programs and showcase key EMEA initiatives to the international teams. They will also work closely with DTCI internal communications to leverage cross-company opportunities for CPC whilst complementing with a tailored program for the segment.
- Develop and support strategic executive communications for CPC senior leadership.
- Develop internal and external communications -- presentations, video segments, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives.
- Prepare key messages for executives participating in high profile events, conferences or other forums where media may be present.
- Lead internal communications and executive engagement efforts and strategies within CPC, providing guidance on regular communications between leaders and global organization.
- Develop and execute communication plans, strategic initiatives and creative campaigns to inform and engage employees across CPC.
- Oversee content creation for CPC’s internal communications platforms, including newsletters, organizational announcements, video series, podcasts and more.
- Conduct presentation preparation and rehearsals, and be on site day of event to manage logistics and handle executive needs (may require domestic and international travel).
- Manage content development and presentation design for internal and external audiences.
- Establish and drive the overarching business-to-business communications strategy for Disney’s consumer products and retail businesses
- Manage presence at industry events to drive our key priorities with partners, media and consumers.
- Craft/pitch business and trade stories tied to the consumer products, games and publishing narrative that is cross-category/cross-franchise.
- Manage relevant campaigns tied to gender representation, inclusion, sustainability, healthy living, and positioning our business as a place people want to work.
- 5+ years experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism
- Ability to translate complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to media to consumers
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective executive communication content requiring minimal editing and rework
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Experience creating Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
- Confident media relations expert with proven track record of dealing with issues
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.