Already applied?View Dashboard
Retail Manager – Lion King UK TourApply Now Apply Later Job ID 656185BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Apr. 05, 2019
Job Summary:Retail Manager – Lion King UK Tour
- Manage all on-site aspects of the merchandising business for The Lion King UK Tour.
- Manage daily operations to meet all set sales, per cap & profit targets, service & visual merchandise standards; and key performance indicators. Following all set policies & procedures.
- Manage the Load-In and Load-Out of entire merchandise operations (kiosks, inventory, POS stations and office equipment). Load-In is typically a 2 Day process including setting up kiosks & POS equipment, visual merchandising displays, filling in stock, setting up office and organising storage space for the engagement. Load Out prep will start 3 Days in advance of leaving a market by prepping goods for travel, packing up office equipment and removing displays so that kiosks can be properly wrapped for travel.
- Manage Inventory to maximise efficiency and minimise loss - including monthly audits and interim stock checks; management of display, write-offs and online sales, and all stock movement on EPOS system.
- To provide consistency in management through effective communication with Managers, Supervisor & Sales Members (provided by the theatre), setting clear goals and expectations. Providing timely & relevant communication with Senior Manager and Corporate Office in NY.
- To Communicate effectively with Theatre Management & Disney Personnel to facilitate daily operations including staffing, banking, deliveries and stock & cash movement; both whilst at theatre and planning ahead to future venues.
- To use creativity in finding new solutions, initiatives and ways of working to drive sales, profitability and efficiency in Daily Operations. Challenging the status quo and being open to new ideas. Driving results with a sense of urgency.
- To keep accurate records including sales, stock, cash movement, staffing hours and all relevant paperwork. Maintaining an accurate EPOS system.
- Manage upkeep & maintenance of all computer hardware, files and security.
- Identify Risk and provide effective & timely solutions.
- Maximise Profit and Minimize Operating Loss through effective management of stock, cash and assets.
- Manage & Develop the Tour Retail Assistant Manager to ensure consistency in sales and operations; ensuring capability & conduct are managed to Disney standards and both roles are a unified management team to all internal and external parties.
- To ensure all staff follow business policies & procedures and legal requirements at all times.
- To work as a part of the greater DTG Team to achieve wider company goals & targets.
- To build and maintain positive working relationships with internal/external partners.
- Lead by example in all actions. Represent the Disney values at all times. Conduct business ethically, professionally & responsibly.
- Setup and pack up all Kiosks, Visual Displays, IT/POS, Inventory and Office Operations in each tour market effectively and efficiently. Prepare the production truck for move which includes but not limited to preparing kiosks, inventory and working with production to get our assets from the theatre to the production trucks, including the actual physical participation of the movement of assets by tour management team
- Duty Management of Sales Floor Operations. Lead the Merchandise Sales Staff by actively selling in the Main Kiosk where possible; excelling in Guest Service and driving sales
- Manage daily sales floor operations including: Get Magical incentive, daily team brief planning, promotions/incentives communication, visual merchandising, guest service, kiosk & till maintenance, stationery & supplies, signage and training
- Using available tools, and developing new tools, to best manage the needs of the business. Identify areas of opportunity or risk, analyse sales and manage staff. Prioritise accordingly
- Identify opportunities for increased sales & profit. Manage implementation of initiatives, ensuring commitment from others. Analyse and communicate results
- Implementation & management of visual merchandise displays and standards. Adapting core values across venues and finding new ways to display merchandise to drive sales and standards
- Using available tools, and developing new tools, to train & develop all staff under accountability.
- Provide relevant formal & informal feedback on staff performance based on observation. Celebrating successes at all opportunity and utilising corrective action where needed. Keep relevant documentation of performance feedback and communicate effectively
- Communicating with key stakeholders, including handover emails, sales reports, inventory/finance information and performance feedback
- Demonstrating effective Time Management and providing guidance to others in this area
- Manage Inventory through regular stocktakes, monthly stock audits, stock movement tracking and EPOS management. Liaising with Warehouse on transfers, managing cost efficiency. Ensuring no unnecessary out of stocks
- Partnering with Theatre Management on staff scheduling to ensure full coverage of staff for all performances
- Induction training for all local staff, ensuring all staff have the necessary skills, attitude and work ethic required for Disney. Observe staff during selling periods and provide constructive feedback on their performance
- Liaise with internal & external partners to drive sales & profitability, fostering relationships to help with daily operations
- Planning ahead for future venues, building on successes in new environments and anticipating/resolving issues in advance of advancement
- Working with Theatre Management and Company Manager for load-out including transport of kiosks, merchandise and equipment in a timely manner and with tour schedule
- Planning ahead for marketing and staffing needs
- Organising transport for personnel between venues
- Liaise with Company Management on a consistent basis to ensure proper tour operations for current and future cities. This also includes preparing all personal travel and housing for each engagement.
- Delegate responsibilities when away from the business. Take on responsibilities when others are away from the business
- Complete delegated tasks from Senior Management and Corporate Office, prioritising appropriately and communicating effectively
- Meeting Set Sales, Budget & Performance Goals
- Managing Inventory, Deliveries & Stockrooms
- Maximising Profit & Efficiency
- Representing Disney in a professional manner at all times
- Accountable for: Assistant Retail Manager, Local Supervisor + sales staff provided by venue
- Accountable for ensuring all staff follow set Policies & Procedures for business. Including but not limited to:
- Performance Management
- Cash & Stock Management
- Data Protection
- Health & Safety
Basic Qualifications:Experience and Skills
- Proven Management experience in Retail & Theatre Environment
- Significant Retail Management level
- Experience Managing Assistant Manager or Supervisor Level
- Experience in successfully working remotely from senior management
- Experience in a tour environment is preferred but not required
- Experience using a EPOS system and inventory tracking tool
- Advanced planning and communication experience
- Leadership – Motivation, Coaching, Development, Delegation, Time Management & Prioritisation
- Collaboration – Building Relationships, Managing Conflicts, Influencing
- Communication – Verbal, Written, Presentations, Meetings, Feedback, Record Keeping
- Business Management – Strategy, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Sales & Financial Analysis, Opportunity and Risk
- Personal – Adaptable to change, Self-Motivated, Emotional Intelligence, Flexible in working hours
- Visual Merchandising
- Performance Management
- Inventory, Stock & Cash Management
- HR, Personnel & Data Protection Management
- Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.