Senior AccountantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724692BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 21, 2019
The role is a key position within the Shared Service Centre (SSC) team, responsible for accounting and reporting of The Disney Stores (TDS) business activities.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the quarterly accounting & reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports.
The role will involve partnering with local Finance and Compliance teams, to ensure timely & accurate reporting, while in compliance with US GAAP.
Supporting process improvement project work is an integral part of this role.
- Timely & accurate TDS month and quarter-end accounting & reporting to a given check-list
- Complete quarterly BS flux and P&L variance analysis for SSC management & local Finance teams
- Act as the main contact point for the TDS Finance team
- Deliver quarterly reporting schedules to SSC Management and/or Finance teams
- Daily review, preparation & posting of journals, allocations, determine & post recodes, raise AR invoices to customer & other Intercompany
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for review & compliance purposes
- Supporting the SSC management and wider finance teams on project work
- Preparation of various business reports on a timely basis providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances where required
- Constant identification and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards
Basic Qualifications:Skills and Experience:
- Significant accounting experience
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.