Senior Licensing Sales Manager, Stationery, 12 Mth Fixed Term ContractApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746433BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
Our Consumer Products team is looking for a Commercial specialist to join our Home, Stationery & Gifting team - this position is offered as a 12 month contract to support the team through a hugely busy - and exciting - period!
The successful candidate will have a strong, commercial background, ideally in Stationery, with outstanding business development and strategic planning aptitude.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for key commercial licensing activities with specific focus on our Stationery categories. Covering a wide portfolio of licensees, the Senior Manager will implement and execute regional short and long term strategies to maximise the Disney business in this category.
Relationships are key to the success of this role, both internally and externally. You will be required to actively manage and cultivate the engagement, partnership and joint business planning with each account, new and existing, in order to negotiate regional contracts and ultimately drive and deliver strategic growth in licensing sales on behalf of the EMEA business.
Applying creativity, commerciality and expertise in product development and utilise knowledge of digital, social and bricks and mortar marketing alongside key trends and consumer insight to develop and drive succinct strategies cross company and departmentally. Be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners.
- Manage the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasting process, developing licensee objectives and initiatives to drive growth, working with franchise, marketing, product development and finance
- Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership and joint business planning as appropriate with each licensee, new and existing
- Evaluate licensee base and drive an optimisation plan to ensure effective and focused business management and strategic planning to support growth
- Conduct or be involved in contract negotiations with licensees and distributors as appropriate to maximise Disney royalty revenue
- Work closely with the regional creative teams, product approvers, franchise and marketing teams to support the sale of the product as required by licensee/retailer
- Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth in a substantial manner
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with Disney market teams providing information and regular strategy and franchise updates as well as understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Establish a good working relationship with US counterparts to ensure regular communication flow on latest initiatives and ongoing liaison regarding joint/global licensees
Basic Qualifications:The successful candidate will have a strong, commercial background in a relevant category with outstanding business development and strategic planning aptitude.
- A background in buying and product development, merchandising or commercial sales
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Financial acumen, with the ability to analyse data, construct practical conclusions and implement recommendations to achieve business targets
- A good eye for digital, social and brick and mortar marketing
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation with strong influencing skills - the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Cultural sensitivity for working cross EMEA
- Flexibility for occasional UK or international travel may be required
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.