Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager - EMEA TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675847BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Senior Manager – EMEA Corporate Tax (maternity cover)
The Senior Manager (maternity cover) will support Tax Principal EMEA Corporate Tax on EMEA regional tax issues focussing primarily on the Fox integration project, but with further responsibilities for EMEA treasury management, monitoring new technical developments and changes in the tax environment and supporting with ad hoc planning projects.
This role will require a pro-active approach to drive the integration project forward from an EMEA tax perspective, through partnering with key stakeholders including the EMEA business, legal and finance teams, external advisors and the US tax team.
The role will also involve working with junior members of the EMEA tax team to foster their development and experience.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to gain experience in a growing and dynamic global organisation.
Fox integration project
- Alongside the EMEA tax principal, pro-actively partner with the EMEA regional business, finance, legal and treasury teams to develop and implement operational and legal entity integration for EMEA following the recent acquisition of 21CF
- Act as the integration project management lead for the EMEA tax team on all Fox integration matters
- Work with local tax advisors to understand and manage local tax implications of the EMEA integration
- Carry out UK tax analysis of the EMEA integration steps and manage implementation
- Liaise with the US tax department to understand the US tax implications of the integration and work to manage US tax risk of local integration.
- Devise, implement and maintain Transfer Pricing policies for the integrated businesses and their legal entities so that they are appropriate for the activities
- Identify interim tax risk management strategies during the integration process and implement strategies to minimise tax risks.
- Ensure all necessary Sarbanes Oxley documentation is completed for all relevant integration steps
- Be the EMEA tax representative managing all tax aspects of Treasury issues in EMEA
- Work with Corporate Treasury and US Tax on funding issues and planning across the region
- Pro-actively determine tax efficient funding of EMEA entities and related Treasury matters including corporate structure, debt and profit repatriation
- Consider and review new and emerging specialist treasury tax legislation for impact on Disney financing and determine, plan and implement solutions to minimise impacts and maximise opportunities.
- Determine impacts on statutory accounts and tax returns of treasury activities and ensure appropriately reflected
- Part of the team regularly reviewing the group structure to ensure it is optimal, undertaking restructuring, mergers, and liquidations as appropriate to minimise risk and compliance burden.
- Working with the US tax team on group restructuring and planning initiatives, leading and managing all the EMEA aspects to these projects, including stakeholder engagement and legal documentation, working with advisers, managing project budgets and ensuring accurate implementation from an accounting perspective
- Pro-actively seeking ways to minimise risk and maximise opportunities and then implementing appropriate actions/projects
- Compliance, reporting, provisioning and forecasting
- As required, act as a reviewer for tax compliance, reporting, provisioning and forecasting matters carried out by other members of the EMEA tax team.
- Tax technical legislation - changes
- Act as a technical lead for the EMEA tax department, pro-actively work with advisers, tax authorities and the business to monitor new developments and consider how they may impact on the EMEA operations.
- Lobbying appropriately, informing the wider tax department on the impact for Disney so appropriate measures can be taken.
- Provide mentoring, motivation, guidance and assistance to the wider junior tax team members and other finance teams
- Ideally ACA Qualified (CTA a plus)
- PQE tax compliance and advisory experience
- Big 4 tax experience is a preference
- Experience of working in an internal tax department of a large multinational company (US based multinational and media sector experience) a big plus
- International tax advisory experience for multinational companies (including US tax experience) a plus
- Project management experience (of complex integration projects) a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make decisions and recommendations
- Ability to summarise and communicate complex technical issues
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.