Strategic Sourcing Manager, Marketing EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725980BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom; London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 26, 2019
Responsibilities:This role will be the category expert for marketing spend in the EMEA region, and as such is responsible for developing and delivering the category strategy through strategic category plans for the EMEA Region. The facilitation of the regional category boards, arranging and providing internal and external information to enable the board to set and approve the strategies and plans for the category.
It is the responsibility of the Strategic Sourcing Manager to ensure the relevant regional and local business, finance and sourcing stakeholders are considered and provide LOB / country input into the strategy. Therefore it is essential that the Strategic Sourcing Manager builds and maintains an extensive senior executive level internal network, as well as a solid external market network. Both internal and external relationships are critical for informed, innovative/ best in class category plans and roadmaps, aligned with the company’s long term goals. This includes the Sourcing Territory Managers, who are a key partner to the category teams. Develops long term category strategy and category plans for EMEA cross-LOB/cross-country spend in partnership with the Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist.
- Partners with the Category Board and LOBs to establish the EMEA LOB cost efficiency strategy and AOP's
- Accountable for the savings delivery of the category plans
- As an active member of the Category Board proactively provides content, analysis, discussion points, SRM activity to facilitate the Category Board
- Develops the proposed plan and governance for implementation of the cross-country/cross-LOB projects
- Is responsible to ensure country requirements are collected and considered in the category strategy.
- When developing the plan, pro-actively involves Country leads to ensure requirements are well respected and local experience and knowledge is leveraged as well as ensuring the Category Strategy is applied locally
- Nurtures and develops purpose driven relationships with key senior stakeholders, as well as build /establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leads the key sourcing initiatives for the Category, supervises work of Category Specialists and provides guidance to any category related project executed by Local Sourcing teams
- Leverage global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership
- Creates a mutual sharing and learning environment with Country and Category teams
- Facilitates the SRM relationship with key supplier in partnership with Senior Executives Sponsors
- Manages TBD Sourcing Category Specialists
- Acts as the company expert for Marketing Procurement and ensures knowledge is shared within S&P, ensures to stay current on category related market knowledge.
- Strong experience as Strategic Sourcing Manager having managing a wide scope of sub categories in a multinational and multi line of business environment
- MBA graduate or Bachelor in Business, Finance or Economics
- Proven experience in building x-company, x-regional category strategies and implementation
- Experience in partnering with Senior executive stakeholders
- Experience in managing / collaborating with a virtual multicultural team
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.