TDS Accounting ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725978BR Location Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
1 year FTC
The Disney Store
Based in our Hammersmith office, the role is a key position within the Shared Service Centre (SSC) team, responsible for accounting and reporting of The Disney Stores business activities. The Disney Stores Europe team within WDI Shared Service Centre is responsible for providing support to the European Disney Stores operations, based in the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, Sweden and Denmark.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for The Disney Stores quarterly accounting & reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports.
The role will involve partnering with local Finance and Compliance teams, to ensure timely & accurate reporting, while in compliance with US & local GAAP.
Drive process improvement project work is an integral part of this role.
- Overall ownership of preparation of TDSE quarterly accounts, including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages
- Presentation of quarterly P&L, Balance Sheets and supporting packs to LOB finance and corporate reporting teams providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances as required
- Manage, Co-ordinate and execute TDSE annual audit scope for all TDSE legal entities
- Support compliance team in completion of statutory accounts for TDS UK and Ireland legal entities
- Support the Corporate Tax department by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations and any ad-hoc tax audit requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and communication of Global and EMEA accounting policies and procedures, being the lead for communication between EMEA and Global
- Management and coaching to support the development of the team
- Partner with LOB finance, operation leads and LOB project teams to support and implement new initiatives as required
- Review of subjective inventory provisions such as weeks of supply reserve, obsolescence reserves, and landing factors
- Responsible for key reconciliations between the Front of House, and reporting systems.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards
- Responsibility for computation of FOH FX errors ensuring correction entries are processed on a timely basis
- Support management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties and projects
Basic Qualifications:Skills and Experience
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent working experience
- Strong relevant working experience, ideally accounting / auditing working background
- Retail Experience preferred
- Experience managing staff in multicultural environment is a must
- Project Management
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferable
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Experience of AS400 desirable but not essential
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Understanding US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.