Area Manager - Operations - Hilton HeadApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049733 Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted May 22, 2023
Oversee the Recreation, Food & Beverage and Merchandise operations. Lead a Recreation and Food & Beverage and Merchandise Guest Service Managers, mentor and develop salary and hourly non-union Cast Members. Conduct quality conversation, D Achieve updates and performance reviews. Responsible for hiring, performance and compensation decisions. Lead team to exceed Guest expectations, meet business plans, as well as complete managerial responsibilities, including maintaining labor and other expenses within the budget guidelines. Ensure there is a constant focus on Guest Service throughout the operation. Ensure the right plans are in place and applied to make changes, drive creative decisions, and influence planning.
This role will report to the General Manager.
- Lead all aspects of the daily operations of Recreation, Food & Beverage and Merchandise
- Lead the Guest Service Managers through coaching and directing to exceed Guest expectations
- Meet business plans, as well as complete managerial responsibilities, to include maintaining labor, schedules, training, losses, and verbatims
- Ensure there is a constant focus on Guest Service throughout the operation
- Attend daily briefings for AM/PM Cast to ensure communication is maintained
- Create new business by building revenue streams through analyzing metrics and feedback while exploring new industry trends to create future growth and commercialization opportunities
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly 1:1’s with Leaders to include quality conversation, D Achieve updates and End of Year reviews
- Oversee the hiring and termination process while provide compensation guidance
- Actively walk the resort throughout each shift and interact with Cast Members and Leaders in all lines of business. Assist with maintaining the overall Guest and Cast experience, ensuring a culture of inclusion
- Perform root cause analysis for Guest concerns and partner with impacted departments to determine solutions
- Generate and adapt actions plans reach/sustain/exceed service goals and expectations
- Grow relationships with Walt Disney World and Line of Business partners to strengthen operations and processes around safety, business growth and Cast experience
- High school diploma
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience with direct reports
- Proven experience in hotel operations
- Demonstrated partnering ability
- Proven track record as a leader of leaders and self starter
- Ability to display a high level of enthusiasm in leading a team
- Ownership of various duties within an operation
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to understand the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, food cost, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Food & Beverage, Merchandise and/or Recreation
- Demonstrated experience in Group Operations
- Focus on Guest Service skills
- Ability to ensure a focus on leadership development
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC., which is part of a business we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.