Food and Beverage- Part Time, $1,000.00 Hiring Bonus Disney's Hilton HApply NowApply Later Job ID 997155BR Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Jun. 27, 2022
This position pays $15.75 per hour.
LIMITED TIME $1,000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL September 5, 2022
$1000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $250 and Second payment after 150 days = $750)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to August 8, 2022 or after September 5, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
Responsibilities:Menus at the resort’s two quick service locations, Palmetto Dunes and Tide Me Over, constantly evolve to meet guest’s wishes; you would be part of that process by communicating guest comments to your leaders. The environment is friendly but fast-paced. On any given day you might take guest orders, operate the point-of-sale system (cash register), handle cash, fulfill orders, prep food, stock items, keep inventory, and of course, keep the front and back of the house up to Disney’s famous cleanliness standards. On top of that, you would be fully trained on knowledge of the resort so you can answer guests’ questions, share information and provide the “Disney difference” that brings people to the Hilton Head Island Resort. In this job, blending professionalism with enthusiasm is the key to success.
Basic Qualifications:Here is what you will need to be successful in the job:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- This is a part-time position that requires you to be fully available a minimum of three days per week, including one weekend day. You will also be required to be fully available on national/state holidays.
- Previous cashier experience
- Previous quick-service or related restaurant industry experience
- Attention to detail and follow-through to see projects to the end
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer tasks, and some familiarity with common utilities such as Google and Microsoft
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you were also able to demonstrate:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible, in addition to being a self-starter who naturally takes the initiative
- Problem-solving skills, and the desire to continually improve
- Ability to speak a language other than English
Additional Information!:Our hourly part-time cast members enjoy a broad and very valuable range of benefits for being part of the Disney family! If you join the team, you can expect to receive:
- Disney Aspire – an education program that covers 100% of tuition at network schools
- Discounted meals during work shifts
- Discounts at Hilton Head Island eateries such as New York City Pizza, Giuseppe’s, and Scott’s Fish Market
- Complimentary theme park admission for full-time and part-time positions after two weeks of employment
- Discounts on merchandise at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.