Housekeeping Guest Experience Manager - Disney's Hilton Head Island ReApply NowApply Later Job ID 851705BR Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
If selected, you will report to the Room Operations Manager.
Visit www.Disneycareers.com/Hiltonhead for more information.
- Be the room supervisor, inspecting the work of Housekeeping team inside guest rooms
- Incorporate the lens of Leadership, Management, Technical skills, and Relationships (LMTR) in daily functions and when implementing decisions
- Create an environment of inclusion where diverse thoughts and ideas are recognized
- Recognize and develop Cast Members and hold them accountable for delivering excellence in safety, courtesy, inclusion, show, and efficiency
- Partner with other teams of the Resort to ensure delivery of clean and ready guest rooms
- Conduct daily pre-shift breakout meetings to communicate relevant information to cast members
- Make daily operational decisions that benefit guests, Cast Members and the demands of the business and respond, assess, investigate and resolve different situations with guests and Cast
- Monitor daily staffing levels, forecast shift coverage needs based on demand and manage supplies, stock and operating expenses
- Support local projects and monitor any potential impacts to the Guest and Cast experience
- Spend majority of day on the floor engaging with Cast and guests, with minimal office time and tasks (80% onstage)
- 1 year experience in housekeeping, custodial, resort operations, or relevant field
- Trained eye that quickly spots things out of order and can work quickly to resolve the issue
- Creativity to find solutions, anticipate business impacts and serve as a trusted leader for direct reports, peers and partners
- Commitment to promote an inclusive work environment that supports diverse perspectives
- Passion for service and commitment to safety awareness
- Experience inspiring, educating or coaching employees
- Capability to share communication across teams to ensure everyone understands updates, priorities and appropriate course of escalation
- Advanced skills managing demands and requests simultaneously amidst constant change
- Understanding of the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. labor, operating budget, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
- Proficiency creating Excel reports and PowerPoint presentations, communicating using Outlook and capability to adapt to new technology and computer applications quickly
- Available to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays
- Capability to bend, flex and walk, lift 17 pounds and push/pull up to 85 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Capability to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Capability to work in environment with airborne particles and chemicals for an extended period of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1 year of leadership experience with direct reports in housekeeping, custodial or resort operations with knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning techniques and equipment
- Proficiency in multiple languages, such as Spanish
- Experience with HotSOS/REX
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or related discipline
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.