Merchandise- Part Time, Disney's Hilton Head Island ResortApply NowApply Later Job ID 860601BR Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Disney Parks has implemented several new and enhanced safety measures based on guidance from health and government authorities. These measures include but are not limited to increased cleanliness and disinfection, health screening and prevention support, physical distancing and capacity measures, and cast member training.
Please be advised of the following requirements for all cast members.
- A health screening and temperature check must be completed at home prior to coming to work each day
- Appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times, including upon entry and exit of the workplace. The Company will provide reusable cloth face coverings per employee that meet the approved safety standards of the Company Safety Committee
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
This position pays $14.70 per hour.
Responsibilities:It goes without saying that job duties will include operating the point-of-sale system (cash register), handling cash, light cleaning and keeping shelves fully – and neatly – stocked with merchandise, but one of the most important parts of the job is offering the “Disney difference.” We call it “Merchantainment,” which means that along with providing a thoughtful assortment of items to buy, our Cast Members are also fully trained to provide information about all aspects of the resort to ensure that our guests have the absolute best vacation experience possible. It takes a special kind of person to do this well, so a friendly demeanor, positive attitude and the sincere desire to be helpful is a key part of the job.
Basic Qualifications:Here is what you will need to be successful in the job:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Prolonged standing for up to three hours at a time and some heavy lifting may be required
- This is a part-time position that requires you to be fully available a minimum of three days per week, including one weekend day. You will also be required to be fully available on national/state holidays.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be helpful if you also had:
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- Previous cashier experience
- Previous retail or related sales industry experience
Additional Information:Our hourly part-time cast members enjoy a broad and very valuable range of benefits for being part of the Disney family! If you join the team, you can expect to receive:
- Disney Aspire – an education program that covers 100% of tuition at network schools
- Discounted meals during work shifts
- Discounts at Hilton Head Island eateries such as New York City Pizza, Giuseppe’s, and Scott’s Fish Market
- Complimentary theme park admission for full-time and part-time positions after two weeks of employment
- Discounts on merchandise at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort,Disney Vacation Club.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.