Recreation Lifeguard- Part-Time, $1,000.00 Hiring Bonus Disney's HiltoApply NowApply Later Job ID 997151BR Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Jun. 27, 2022
This position pays $15.75 per hour.
LIMITED TIME $1,000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL September 5, 2022
$1000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $250 and Second payment after 150 days = $750)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to August 8, 2022 or after September 5, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
Responsibilities:Recreation cast members work both indoors and outdoors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the well-being and safety of our guests
- Keep pool areas clean
- Answer guest questions
- Provide information and assist in recreation equipment/towel rentals
- Host supervised children’s activities
- Read stories and provide refreshments
Basic Qualifications:Here are the basic things you will need to be successful in this job:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Have (or be willing to obtain) US Lifeguard and First Responder certifications
- Pass a vision screening (corrected or uncorrected) with at least 20/25 vision
- Ability to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Pass a swim test: swim 200 yards without resting, tread water without using your hands for two minutes, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 8 feet.
- Heavy lifting and working with chemicals
- Be comfortable working both indoors and outdoors
- This role is part-time and requires full availability for any shift, including nights, a minimum of 3 days per week (one of which must be a weekend day). Must be fully available for any shift on state/national holidays.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you:
- Spoke a language other than English
- Had previous Lifeguarding experience
Additional Information:Our hourly part-time cast members enjoy a broad and very valuable range of benefits for being part of the Disney family! If you join the team, you can expect to receive:
- Disney Aspire – an education program that covers 100% of tuition at network schools
- Discounted meals during work shifts
- Discounts at Hilton Head Island eateries such as New York City Pizza, Giuseppe’s, and Scott’s Fish Market
- Complimentary theme park admission for full-time and part-time positions after two weeks of employment
- Discounts on merchandise at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.