Recreation Lifeguard- Part-TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1131108BR Location Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Aug. 03, 2023
Responsibilities:Recreation cast members work both indoors and outdoors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the well-being and safety of our guests
- Keep pool areas clean
- Answer guest questions
- Provide information and assist in recreation equipment/towel rentals
- Host supervised children’s activities
- Read stories and provide refreshments
Basic Qualifications:Here are the basic things you will need to be successful in this job:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Have (or be willing to obtain) US Lifeguard and First Responder certifications
- Pass a vision screening (corrected or uncorrected) with at least 20/25 vision
- Ability to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Pass a swim test: swim 200 yards without resting, tread water without using your hands for two minutes, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 8 feet.
- Heavy lifting and working with chemicals
- Be comfortable working both indoors and outdoors
- This role is full-time and requires full availability for any shift, including nights, any day of the week. Must be fully available for any shift on state/national holidays.
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you:
- Spoke a language other than English
- Had previous Lifeguarding experience
Additional Information:Our hourly part-time cast members enjoy a broad and very valuable range of benefits for being part of the Disney family! If you join the team, you can expect to receive:
- Disney Aspire – an education program that covers 100% of tuition at network schools
- Discounted meals during work shifts
- Discounts at Hilton Head Island eateries such as New York City Pizza, Giuseppe’s, and Scott’s Fish Market
- Complimentary theme park admission for full-time and part-time positions after two weeks of employment
- Discounts on merchandise at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.