Already applied?View Dashboard
Chef Assistant- Full-Time, Disney's Hilton Head Island ResortApply Now Apply Later Job ID 520291BR Location Hilton Head, South Carolina, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Jan. 19, 2018
Job Summary:In this position, you will perform any and/or all culinary duties in the kitchen area, determined by the needs of the individual operation. The Chef Assistant will be trained on the location expectations of each culinary position, and will be expected to be proficient in these areas after that time.
Responsibilities:General kitchen duties for the Chef Assistant include, but not limited to, preparing standard recipes, basic vegetable and fruit preparation and fabrication, use of mechanical kitchen equipment, cold food preparation and storage. In addition to performing these duties the Chef Assistant may be expected to plan production schedules, and deliver guidance, training, and assistance in the above mentioned areas. The Chef Assistant will also assist location Leaders in assuring quality and safety in production areas. The Chef Assistant will also be expected to perform the basics of cookery, again with location expectations being set by Culinary Leaders. These basics include, but not limited to, sautéing, broiling, grilling, proper use of ovens, pan frying, deep frying, boiling, blanching, steaming, poaching, stewing, braising, baking, roasting, preparation of dressings, sauce preparation, basic meat/fish/and poultry butchering, and expediting of guest checks to produce meals in a timely and safe fashion. The Chef Assistant should be able to perform these duties with minimal follow-up from location leaders, and will be expected to give direction, guidance, training, and assistance in these areas. The Chef Assistant maybe called upon to oversee operations of individual locations, based upon needs of the location, and will be expected to lead the Cook 2 and Cook 1 positions during production and/or service. The Chef Assistant is not required to, nor are they able to, administer discipline of any sort, and will leave that responsibility to the location Leadership. The Chef Assistant can/will be held accountable for quality and safety of production/service of all levels of hourly culinary cast.
- Proficient with tools in the kitchen, knife skills, and measurements
- Proficient with knowledge to follow recipes and the ability to convert recipes
- Demonstrates the ability to be creative
- Proficient with basic ingredients and kitchen equipment specialized to the location
- Proficient with basic smallwares and in utilizing smallwares specialized to the location
- Proficient with culinary techniques and cooking methods specialized to the location
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic butchering
- Consistently provides good judgement of food quality, quantity, and production
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe, clean area
- Proficient with Allergy process
- Knowledge and understanding of basic temperatures and food safety
- Knowledge of HACCP, knowledge of kitchen safety, and knowledge of HAZCOM
- Ability to properly fill out sanitation and HACCP sheets according to Disney standards
- Ability to train others in sanitation, HACCP, safety standards, and all stations
- Consistent practice of kitchen lingo, etiquette, and culture
- Knowledge of culinary terms
- Knowledge of modern and classical cooking
- Knowledge of specialized ingredients and culinary trends
- Understanding of food cost and labor hours
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impact of spoilage
- Proficient in planning daily prep requirements and proficient in ordering product or picking up product
- Demonstrates leadership in the kitchen and ability to run location
- Ability to make independent decisions responsibly
- Ability to partner with other locations, departments and great communication skills
- Chosen culinary career
- Guest service focus, Passion, Enthusiasm and must be aTeam player
- Bilingual perferred
- Minimum five year’s experience or culinary degree and three year’s related experience
- Proficient in all stations in the kitchen
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTYOur Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONAfter clicking “Apply”, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.IMPORTANT:You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management Corp., which is part of a business segment we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.