Already applied?View Dashboard
Recreation Lifeguard- Part-Time, Disney's Hilton Head Island ResortApply Now Apply Later Job ID 631503BR Location Hilton Head, South Carolina, United States Business Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort Date posted Jun. 17, 2019
Job Summary:Recreation Cast Members at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort have tons of options and tons of fun! Recreation Cast Members rotate through various roles, including Lifeguard, Children's Activities, and Recreation Rentals. As a Recreation Cast Member, some of your responsibilities will be monitoring the safety of our Guests as they swim, providing emergency medical attention as a first responder, shallow water life guarding, facilitating Guest activities and programs (including arts & crafts, games, and camp fire songs), selling programs, renting equipment, and providing Guest information. Appropriate certification is required for the lifeguard and first responder role, which is provided and monitored by the resort. Candidates must be available both days and evenings. A current driver’s license is also required.
Responsibilities:As a member of the Recreation team, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the well-being of our Guests
- Keeping pool areas clean
- Answering Guest questions
- Providing information and assisting in recreation or towel rentals
- Hosting supervised children's activities
- Reading stories, and providing refreshments
- Recreation Cast Members may also have the opportunity to work both indoors and outdoors. Prolonged standing and heavy lifting may be required.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Heavy lifting and working with chemicals are required.
- A driver license is required for this role.
- Ability to pass a swim test, including swimming 200 yards without resting, treading water without using your hands for two minutes, and retrieving a ten pound brick from a depth of eight feet.
- This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a minimum of 3 days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bilingual preferred
- Previous Lifeguarding experience.
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am. Please note that the principles of seniority are used to schedule all roles.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
About Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management , LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management , LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.