Category Assistant Manager/Manager, Disney Consumer ProductsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723362BR Location Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Vietnam is a high potential, high growth market for Disney. The individual would be working closely to develop and deploy the business strategy for Disney’s growth and presence across multiple categories including fashion, toys and back to school, which have been identified as focus categories for Disney Vietnam.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities / Accountability
- Achieve the set annual AOP numbers (annual targets) for Vietnam
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for the identified categories and accounts
- Identify strategic licensing opportunities & explore new business avenues to grow the categories in Disney Vietnam
- Align, ideate with the regional business teams for cross functional market learnings & seek strategic revenue opportunities.
- Work actively with new and existing brand partners & licensees to fulfil all operational process & aspects of the business.
- Become an expert and educate brand partners on the business opportunities & active role of licensing
- Partner with Disney Product Development and Design teams to innovate, create impactful pitch stories & materials for compelling new branded product in the categories
- Collaborate and liaison with the DCP legal team and productively engage in discussions and negotiations jointly with partners and to fulfil the overall contractual process
- Research and understand competitive landscape, market trends and consumer trends in the identified categories.
- Manage day to day responsibilities such as contractual and amendment process, Nutritional Guidelines, ILS discussions, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
Work with Disney Consumer Products Country Head for Vietnam on
- New Business Development – identify, pitch and on-board new partners to expand Disney’s retail presence in Vietnam, with a focus on Fashion, Back to School (stationery, bags, school supplies) and Toys
- Key account management – manage key relationships with existing and new licensees
- Partner with the licensee to enable market success and long term growth
- Conduct regular joint business planning sessions
- Ensure each licensee plan is on track to deliver AOP ER
- Direct to Retail – identify partners with strong retail presence and distribution and partner with them to make Disney a core pillar, in their business
- Communicate and work closely with the regional team
- Regularly communicate with them on APAC opportunities and challenges
- Leverage all of the things that DPPF global is creating, across South Asia
- Have an overall understanding of the workings of different retail channels in Vietnam – dept stores, super markets, hyper markets, CVS, specialty stores and e-commerce channels
- Strategic mindset to Identify, develop & create new business opportunities for Disney in different categories
- Experience in the retail / licensing industry preferred, with strong people management skills.
- Have a sales driven approach, with ability to manage tasks independently
- Demonstrate an enterprising and consistently pro-active attitude to all partner dealings.
- Provide insights on brands, new trends & approaches in the toys and BTS categories
- Ability to inspire partner brands to looks at product differentiation/brand innovation and strategic associations with Disney, Marvel and Star Wars branded products.
- Expectations to contribute on the core categories but also go beyond the regular scope of work, to contribute to overall Vietnam consumer products business as well
- Attend and play an active role in client meetings
- Excellent relationship management skills with external partners & internal stake holders
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
10-12 years working experience, preferably with a post-graduation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Strong commercial / business orientation
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and ambitious
- Committed to excellence
- Background in retail / licensing (preference for license brands such as Barbie, Hello Kitty, My Little Pony or the like)
- A Disney fan with knowledge of some of the key characters and stories.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.