Manager, Business Development - CPGPApply NowApply Later Job ID 774654BR Location Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
Develop an understanding of the workings of different retail channels – dept stores, super markets, hyper markets, CVS, Fashion Retail, specialty stores
Input into development of THVN DTR strategy – localize and align regional strategy to market.
Deliver against AOP on DTR accounts
Lead the DTR at local, working closely with Retail Marketing, Creative at both THVN level and regional DTR team
Work actively with new and existing DTR partners & licensees to fulfil all operational process & aspects of the business.
Become an expert and educate retail partners on the business opportunities & active role of licensing
Collaborate and liaison with the DCP legal team and productively engage in discussions and negotiations jointly with partners and to fulfil the overall contractual process
Manage day to day responsibilities such as contractual and amendment process, Nutritional Guidelines, ILS discussions, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary
- Work with THVN Lead of DTR on:
- New DTR Business:
- Identify strengths and gaps in local DTR business – analysis by category, demographic, franchises, market intel.
- Develop 12/ 24 months business projections across key retail channels
- Develop a pitch pipeline to approach top players across channels mapped against a timeline
- Work with local/ regional creative team to develop tailored pitches to channels
- Existing accounts
- Identify opportunities in local DTR business across industries – analysis by category, demographic, franchises, market intel
- Create a custom JBP calendar for key accounts with specific deliverable and commercial milestones
- Create a tracking document to measure identified action points in JBP and requisite action points
- Work closely to keep local and regional finance teams and Head of DTR aligned on delivery against ERs
- New DTR Business:
- Maintain local market DTR trackers
- Build strong relationships with DTR leads in other countries to facilitate best practice sharing
- Keeping abreast and sharing of new business models and other new developments in the field.
- Build strong relationships with THVN and other countries to facilitate best practice sharing
- Be responsible for special projects assigned
- 10-15 years working experience, preferably with a post-graduation
- Have an overall understanding of the workings of different retail channels in Vietnam – dept stores, super markets, hyper markets, CVS, specialty stores and e-commerce channels
- Strategic mindset to Identify, develop & create new business opportunities for Disney in different categories and channels
- Experience in the retail / licensing industry preferred, with strong people management skills.
- Have a sales driven approach, with ability to manage tasks independently
- Demonstrate an enterprising and consistently pro-active attitude to all partner dealings.
- Provide insights on brands, new trends & approaches in the toys and BTS categories
- Ability to inspire partner brands to looks at product differentiation/brand innovation and strategic associations with Disney, Marvel and Star Wars branded products.
- Expectations to contribute on the core categories but also go beyond the regular scope of work, to contribute to overall Vietnam consumer products business as well
- Attend and play an active role in client meetings
- Excellent relationship management skills with external partners & internal stake holders
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.