Already applied?View Dashboard
Engagement ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 512762BR Location Hong Kong, Central and Western District, Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted Dec. 13, 2017
Job Summary:This role is the primary project leader for the design and delivery of private client engagements. Client industries include, but are not limited to, healthcare, transportation, sports, financial services, and higher education. This role proposes and implements learning solutions that help clients drive better business results by leveraging leadership excellence, employee engagement, and quality service content. The engagement manager clearly defines engagement goals, reinforcing Disney principles as a guide for taking action and facilitating learning experiences that enable sustained improvement. This role reports to the Asia Director.
Responsibilities:Effectively communicate with external clients drawing upon leadership experience, business knowledge and Disney Institute insights to both understand client objectives and align learning solutions.
- Strategically build and nurture client relationships to drive incremental business across multiple phases of an on-going engagement
- Lead and project manage the engagement design, delivery format/schedule, and success metrics
- Complete discovery/needs assessment process to understand improvement opportunities related to leadership excellence, employee engagement, and quality service
- Lead a seamless client learning experience throughout all steps of the account activation roadmap, including pre-program consultation, functional partner support, content customization and facilitation
- Develop program materials that are useful in achieving the engagement’s stated goals/objectives
- Facilitate sessions with delivery Cast as appropriate
- Lead train-the-trainer sessions for peers to ensure successful program and content delivery
- Collaborate with account management/engagement partners on learning sustainment strategies
- Consistently demonstrate 4 delivery competencies: business acumen, personal leadership, project management, and stage presence
Basic Qualifications:Minimum five years Disney leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in a fast paced, ever changing environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability in content development and facilitation for seasoned business professionals
- Proven ability to coach individuals and teams to deliver desired client outcomes
- Proven ability to translate personal leadership experiences into stories that are relevant to the client’s need while enhancing the learning points of the content
- Demonstrated ability to create frameworks and proposals with the intent to close a client relationship
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with executive clients, consistently setting expectations and managing project scope
- Proven project management skills, especially monitoring resources, budgets, and deadlines
- Demonstrated comfort in leveraging technology to enhance learning and support key messages
- Proven ability to understand a client’s current state and future desired needs and objectives translating them into long-term solutions to deliver upon those goals
- Willingness to travel extensively in APAC region
Preferred Qualifications:Experience within adult training, learning and development
- Experience facilitating learning experiences to a business audience
- Professional certification and/or association relevant for increasing human performance
- Demonstrated experience with change leadership and/or organizational improvement
- Experience as a senior leader within an organization external to Disney
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.