Executive Director, Entertainment and CostumingApply NowApply Later Job ID 768242BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Oct. 27, 2020
- Providing direction to technical, creative, production, talent casting and costuming operations teams to deliver high quality entertainment offerings
- Establish, evaluate and oversee long term strategies, annual operating budgets policies and procedures for Entertainment and Costuming
- Oversee creative development, production, operations and partner with clients, stakeholders during show development, production and rehearsals of new shows and special, seasonal events
- Collaborate with Commercial and Communications and Public Affairs partners to develop and implement strategic plans for seasonal and special event content that meet commercial needs and contribute to business growth
- Partner with the global entertainment organization on overall product strategy and creative development
- Ensure highest level of quality and consistency with regards to Show, Efficiency, Courtesy, Safety and Inclusion for ongoing daily operations and new product
- Contribute as a member of the HKDL Steering Committee for the overall policy setting, business improvement and future development of the resort
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the live entertainment industry and strong and established network with arts practitioners and organizations
- Complex and frequent decision making, both strategic and financial which has potential impact on potential revenue, attendance, guest satisfaction and other business results
- Strong negotiation, problem solving and collaboration skills to negotiate with the production team, various operation teams and other back of house departments in order to deliver and operate the base program and seasonal events. When new, large scale entertainment product is being introduced, negotiation with portfolio leaders and creative teams based in the States are also required
- Driven and dynamic leader with executive level experience, outstanding coaching and people leadership capabilities - ability to motivate and inspire our talented team of Cast Members at all levels of the organization is a must
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with exceptional articulation, communication and outstanding influencing skills
- Results-oriented professional who is a team player with good collaboration skills
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.