Broadcast Delay Operator (RP)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 775973BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 04, 2021
The Broadcast Delay Operator role is an essential part-time member of our television Standards & Practices team. The right person will be part of Disney’s operations that deliver high quality live TV content across the Country.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Operating from our facility in The Woodlands, TX, you responsibilities include monitoring live television and executing edits in real-time. You will insert the mutes, bleeps, and cut-a-ways that mitigate risk, helping us deliver quality content that our viewers expect.
This is a part-time role. You will receive assignments for select live broadcasts that occur during the week and weekends. From time-to-time, assignments may include holidays.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Students enrolled in college, or higher education
- Professionals or former professionals with a degree
- Capable of several hours (e.g. 1-6 hours) of concentration with active vision and listening skills
- An awareness of contemporary speech on TV and other media
- Capable of learning rules and applying them contextually as an independent thinker
- Demonstrates confidence with decision-making
- Maintains clear thinking, even under pressure
- Demonstrates punctuality and ownership with scheduled assignments
- Available and flexible to work on weekends and sometimes holidays
- Professional demeanor, and accurate communicator
- Interested in sports, music, entertainment, or the broadcasting process
- A person who is curious about the details of media content
- Appreciation for brands like Disney and the teamwork that makes our brands great!
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.