Data Journalism FellowApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724126BR Location Houston, Texas, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
- Identify, query and analyze data sets of potential interest to ABC OTV
- Track data releases in your specific market
- Analyze and organize data and pitch stories based around data mining process
- Develop digital content based in data but supported by context
- Be an advocate and resource for data journalism within your newsroom
- Ability to identify stories of interest and develop story angles from data
- Basic competence with Excel; data journalism experience preferred
- Ability to write quickly and accurately
- Strong presentation and pitch skills to advocate for data journalism in the newsroom
- Ability to work collaboratively, collaborating with reporters, producers and writers to produce stories
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Technical aptitude to learn new software skills
- Understanding of local news market
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Up to date on developments, trends and tools in the data journalism space
- Stories published by local or national news providers and/or an academic institution
- Experience working in a local newsroom environment and passion for local journalism
- Programming, coding and design / data visualization skills are a plus
- Basic video production skills are a plus
- Degree or equivalent, data journalism degree preferred but not required
To be considered, interested applicants apply on-line at www.disneycareers.com by uploading a resume file, cover letter and list of references. Please reference Job Requisition # 724126BR.
Equal Opportunity Employer –Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.