Digital Editor - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 10043363 Location Houston, Texas, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 13, 2023
- Editing video for daily newscasts
- Importing and exporting of video content
- Establishing live signals for broadcast and video intake
- Content creation from various file types and video formats
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize assignments
- Team player with exceptional work ethic and technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the digital newsroom and understanding of the digital workflow for broadcast and streaming newscasts and server-based digital media workflow
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Dalet Galaxy, and live signal intake
- Minimum 3 years of experience in editing on non-linear systems
- Demonstrate good news judgment
- Experience in editing on non-linear systems
- Editing in tight deadline situations, being creative, precise and being able to work fast
- Flexibility to work any shift/any day including weekends and holidays and as business dictates in extended breaking news scenarios
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
KTRK Television, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.