KTRK, Graphic DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019378 Location Houston, Texas, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
KTRK-TV, the ABC/Disney TV-owned station located in Houston, TX is looking for a full-time Multimedia Graphic Designer to join the Art Department. Candidates should be extremely creative and cool under pressure. Tight deadlines are the norm.
Serious candidates should be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite and expert users in Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects. Knowledge in non-linear editing programs such as Adobe Premiere is also required, and 3D software knowledge is a plus.
Candidates need a complete understanding of social media and how to creatively reach that audience. Qualified candidates must have 3-5 years of graphic experience in a business environment and be creative self-starters.
- Create graphics that appear on television, digital and social media, print, and out-of-home advertising
- Help manage the station’s social media accounts by creating and publishing content daily
- Creation of materials in support of all departments
- Ensure that ABC13’s branding and design standards are consistent across all materials
- 3 years of graphic design experience (This is not an entry-level graphic designer position)
- Portfolio of completed graphic designs and creative projects
- An ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Creative thinker with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- Proficient and comfortable creating and publishing content on social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Must submit portfolio or link to portfolio upon applying
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related fine arts field
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KTRK Television, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.