KTRK - MeteorologistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10032364 Location Houston, Texas, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Nov. 14, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
KTRK - Meteorologist
KTRK-TV the ABC Owned station in Houston, TX is looking for a meteorologist with a strong on-air presence and a commanding, authoritative delivery, who knows how to turn weather data into relevant information for viewers. Candidates must have experience covering severe weather on live TV and you must have a meteorology degree and accredited weather seals. We want someone who strives to present an innovative weathercast on broadcast and digital platforms. You must be comfortable with the very latest in weather tools and technology.
Candidates need to be willing to work any day, any shift. Be prepared to show examples of how you embrace new technologies and new digital platforms to connect with and inform viewers. We want someone who wants to be involved in the community, is passionate about their work, and enjoys being part of a team.
- Forecast weather conditions 10 days out for Houston and Southeast Texas.
- Prepare relevant weather maps and innovative graphics to communicate the weather forecast and expected impacts.
- Present the forecast during live broadcasts and recordings for digital platforms.
- Communicate life-saving information to people during dangerous weather events.
- Skilled in analyzing weather observations to identify important atmospheric features.
- Skilling in utilizing computer model data to produce an accurate forecast.
- Possesses a knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and tropical meteorology.
- Proficient in producing graphics through IBM’s Max software.
- A minimum 3 years of experience broadcasting in a medium or large TV market.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Meteorology or associated geoscience
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KTRK Television, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.