KTRK - ReporterApply NowApply Later Job ID 10033756 Location Houston, Texas, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Nov. 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
KTRK-TV, the Disney-owned television station in Houston, is looking for an innovative, creative, hard-working, and fiercely competitive reporter. The ideal candidate is looking for stories that can lead our flagship evening newscasts and knows how to command investigations and exclusive news-gathering when all the PIOs have gone home.
- Candidates must be master storytellers who can identify, develop, shoot, write, edit, produce and report high-quality, enterprising stories for multiple platforms.
- Our ideal candidate also knows how to tell high-impact stories utilizing data and other research tools and is willing to experiment with new technology.
- Must have a desire to serve the community and a knack for quickly cultivating contacts and exclusive story ideas.
Must be a team player with an exceptional work ethic, the ability to work under deadline, multi-task, prioritize assignments, and have the flexibility to work any shift required. . We want a respected, knowledgeable, ethical station representative and team player with a strong presence on social media.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum 2 years major market television news experience with excellent editorial, writing, shooting, editing and on-air presentation skills, including live reporting & ad lib expertise.
- Background check clearance and clean driving record will be required.
High School Diploma
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KTRK Television, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.