Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KTRK-TV Broadcast Technology/IT Internship, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 873310BR Location Houston, Texas, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market, television station, gaining firsthand experience in a broadcast technical environment.
A day in the life…
Some of your projects with the KTRK-TV Broadcast Technology team may include:
- Computer hardware/software deployment and troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance
- Broadcast automation systems
- IP transmission systems
- Help desk requests resolution
- System installations
What you bring to the role…
- Basic understanding of broadcast or IT processes
- Love of troubleshooting and interest in problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to document in methodical detailed manner
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Flexibility and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Majoring in Computer Science, IT, Technology, Engineering, Radio/Television/Film
- Understanding of Information Technology as well as the broadcast industry
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- All candidates must be available to work 20-24 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- All candidates must be able to work in the Houston office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.