Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
KTRK-TV Sales Internship – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747497BR Location Houston, Texas, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Feb. 12, 2020
KTRK-TV is an ABC owned television station (OTVS), located in a state-of-the-art facility in Houston, Texas. ABC13 (KTRK) Houston’s news leader is one of the most technically advanced television stations in the country. The station is a champion of innovation and is at the forefront of the changing media landscape. Our offices and studios are located in the Greenway Plaza area.
The internship program is designed to provide students with an on-site educational experience that complements their academic studies. Interns will have an opportunity to observe and participate in the daily work and operations of a major market television station.
ABC13 KTRK is looking for a qualified sales intern to assist in various stages of the sales process, including creating awareness of new offerings, generating leads, and retaining clients.
The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic, fun and creative team. You’ll gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
- Research and generate lists of potential clients for all of the ABC13 Multi-Platform ad products, including On Air, Digital, Social and Content Integrations
- Provide input on client briefs, presentations, and sales proposals
- Work with sales team on client projects to make sure they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Learn to work on a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress and assist in project documentation
- Assist with measuring project performance using available tools and techniques
- Learn to develop comprehensive project deadlines and plans to be share with clients as well as other staff members
- Assist with the development of spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs based on assigned project duties
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
- Assist with Client Recaps, Data Visualization and Research Requests
- Work with sales team in development of Branded Content for clients, such as digital stories, videos, social posts and campaigns
- Learn and apply sales techniques and develop leadership skills
- Maintain sales records
- Attend sales training and development classes
- Learn available sales tools and applications
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience
- Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
- Work closely with a mentor who has over 20 years of experience in the field
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred
- Interest or experience in Project Management software such as Monday or Airtable a plus
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Currently enrolled as a College student in your Junior or Senior year, obtaining your undergraduate degree, or enrolled currently taking classes toward a Graduate level degree, in Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business related major
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Additional Information:Additional Information
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, classified as a Junior or Senior in Undergrad, or enrolled in Masters level courses, with a minimum GPA 3.0, at the time of application
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- All candidates must be available for the Summer months of May through August
- All candidates must be available to work 20 hours per week during a Monday through Sunday schedule (hours and days to be determined by your supervisor, and could include nights, weekends and holidays)
- All candidates must be able to work in the Houston office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- College transcripts (official or unofficial
- A Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position, and relative experience in work, school, and extracurricular activities
- Log into your Dashboard
- Click the second tab "Attachments"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript/cover letter/resume/etc.
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"/or type of document you are attaching
- Be sure your document is titled appropriately with your name and type of document in this format: First Name_Last Name_Transcript
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with KTRK Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
KTRK Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.