Manager, TransmissionApply NowApply Later Job ID 765467BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 11, 2020
- Responsible for a full complement of non-exempt (Individual Contributors) Direct Reports.
- Provides daily managerial oversight to team of Transmission Specialists.
- Administers employee performance evaluations in collaboration with all Transmission Management.
- Liaison with internal business leaders to ensure established workflows and processes are functioning at a high level.
- Oversight of Transmission daily schedules, time-off and any LOA.
- Works directly with TX Leaderships on “next gen” projects involving sensitive information.
- Takes lead on the interviewing and hiring process. Make final recommendation to TX Leaders.
- Creates competency-training plans for TX Specialists and oversees their implementation.
- Creates and administers departmental policy and standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensures that Transmission meets ESPN’s technical and operating standards by maintaining accurate and reliable transmission platforms containing high quality audio, video, and data streams.
- Makes technical recommendations to content and event operations groups for best ways to deliver their content.
- Provides leadership to Transmission Supervisors and staff, ensuring that problems are diagnosed and resolved quickly.
- Communicates operational issues with affected parties, assuring awareness for all stakeholders and following up as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of upcoming operational challenges and assigns appropriate resources as necessary
- Oversight of day to day responsibilities of the TX operational staff, this includes but not limited to: Scheduling and role assignments, follow up on network discrepancies and critical reporting, manage training an on-going learning opportunities
- Ownership of direct report relationships and oversight of 6 month and yearly performance reviews; along with promotional, merit and bonus recommendations
- Involvement in the screening, interviewing and recommendations associated with the hiring process for the TX team
- Responsible for assigned projects and keeping leadership apprised of updates, challenges or successful completion
- Oversight of Business Continuity (DR) to best protect networks originating at The Woodlands and Bristol Transmission facilities
- Build strong relationship with internal and external business partners, especially the Bristol Transmission Team
- 7+ years of experience in the broadcast industry
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the workings of an advanced Transmission or Broadcast Operation Centers
- Must exhibit a high level of leadership skills and maturity
- Basic project management skills to help drive results
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues that arise whether they are air affecting, scheduling, and customer related, etc.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- College technical and/or management degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.